Please speak with one of our greeters if you would like to explore Religious Education (“Sunday School”) opportunities for your children.
Currently children enjoy Religious Education on the 3rd Sunday of every month.
We choose materials created by the Unitarian Universalist Association and from ideas developed within our own Fellowship. We encourage all parents and youth to participate in the process of selecting curricula. We welcome your suggestions, comments, and participation.
The goals and objectives of the Religious Education Program are to promote:
- Understanding of Unitarian Universalism
- Acquaintance with Judaism and Christianity
- Familiarity with the world’s major religions
- A sense of each individual’s uniqueness, worth, and ability to make ethical decisions
- Sensitivity and sense of responsibility to self, others, and the physical environment
- A sense of belonging to the congregation
- Openness to creative religious expression
- Capacity to articulate religious attitudes and values
If you drive by our Fellowship building you will notice our Peace Pole – a project which came out of the imaginations and hard work of the youth in our congregation. It says “May Peace Prevail” in four languages: English, Spanish, Ojibwa and Somalian – the languages spoken in our area of northern Wisconsin.